How to Pre-Treat a Dive Mask
Have you ever seen a mask fog-up underwater? Or wondered why your brand new mask fogs up immediately?
It is caused by the manufacturing residue left behind on the glass by the moulding process, this residue is Hydrophilic and allows water to stick to it in the form of condensation and can be extremely frustrating!
Fortunately there is a very quick and easy way to stop this from happening, just follow the simple steps below;
- Get your mask and some abrasive toothpaste (Not Gel!)
- Place a blob of toothpaste on the inside of the lense
- Rub the toothpaste around on the glass, you can do it quite hard as it won't scratch the glass!
- Rinse the toothpaste off (No need to leave it to dry, it is not a chemical reaction but an abrasive action!)
- Dry off the lens
- Repeat this process as necessary, normally this is 5-7 times!
For more information watch the below videos!